Operational Risk Perspectives: Cyber, Big Data, and Emerging Risks covers key topics related to operational risk currently on the minds of practitioners. The book is comprised of chapters written by both industry professionals and academic experts who provide an overview of the current state of this discipline.
Operational risk professionals have found themselves experiencing an evolution within the scope of their professional lives. They have had to become more strategic than managerial, with their role expanding to include a broader set of skills and array of responsibilities than ever before.
Operational risk managers are faced with more intensive regulation, the acceleration of technology and cyber risks, and an increasing demand for continuity between strategic initiatives and operational risk reports, particularly when it comes to communication with the board.
If not properly identified and managed, emerging operational risks can have devastating effects on an organisation. However, the identification of these risks isn’t easy, and operational risk managers are looking for ways to update their analytics to help provide insight into emerging risk trends.
In Operational Risk Perspectives: Cyber, Big Data, and Emerging Risks, editors D.R. Maurice and Jitendra Rathod assemble a team of experts who examine the latest of these operational risk issues, from cyber to block chain to cross-border information sharing and beyond.
Contributors include: Sanjay Sharma (Chief Risk Officer, Global Arbitrage and Trading, RBC Capital Markets); Pankaj Singal (VP, Citibank); Samantha Roberts (SVP, Retail Credit Modeling, PNC); Rajat Baijal (Head of Enterprise Risk, Cantor Fitzgerald/BGC Partners); and Richard Cech (Senior Bank Examiner, the Federal Reserve Bank of New York).
|Publication date||30 Nov 2016|
|Size||155mm x 235mm|
Part 1: Cyber Security,Technology, Blockchain and FinTech Risks
1. Cyber Security - Simon Ashby and Andy Phippen
2. Cybersecurity and Technology Risk - Jack Freund
3. Blockchain Technology: Emerging Opportunities and Risks - Alpesh Doshi
4. Big Data and FinTech: Current Debate, Trends and Risks: A Critical Approach - Tajab Chowdhury
5. Privacy issues, Business Process Outsource and Cross-border Information Sharing - Wayne Ha
Part 2: Modelling and Challenges for Operational Risk Management
6. Managing Operational Risk in Data Frameworks - Sanjay Sharma and Pankaj Singal
7. Pragmatic Operational Risk Management - Prasad Kodali
8. Identification, Quantification and Monitoring of Operational Risk - Rajat Baijal
9. Operational Risk Modelling is Dead, Long Live Op Risk Modelling! - Evan Sekeris and Ramy Farha
10. The Why's and How's of Benchmarking Operational Risk Models - Samantha Roberts
11. Model Risk Management and Measurement - Sanjay Sharma
Part 3: Operational Risk Management Practices
12. Operational Risk Best Practice - Richard Cech
13. Integrated Programs for Op Risk - Yo Delmar
14. Emerging Operational Risks: A Short Guide to Adjusting your Risk Framework - Ken Radigan