Energy Modelling (2nd edition)
An industry acclaimed bestseller - Energy Modelling has been extensively revised, updated and extended for the markets of 2005. This second edition is your detailed guide to how the tools of quantitative finance are being applied to the fast moving world of energy trading.
- Edited by Vincent Kaminski, a leading authority on the modelling of energy risks and the development of new trading strategies, the book balances chapters on complex analytical techniques with more accessible explanations of the key topics.
- Provides a full view of the latest analytical techniques and modelling strategies to help you effectively measure risk and cope with recent market developments.>
- Reflecting the many significant recent changes in energy markets, this book features a number of newly commissioned chapters from the most current experts to cover: the impact of the weather on the trading; valuation and risk management of full requirements deals; pricing and hedging of heat rate options; credit risk modelling; capital adequacy models; bidding strategies in the US power pools; and managing congestion risk.
- All chapters have been extensively overhauled and rewritten using new evidence, figures, case studies and panels.
- Accessible enough for those who want a general understanding of the quantitative tools used in the energy business.
- Essential reading for traders, risk managers and those seeking a general understanding of quantitative trading in the energy markets.
|Publication date||1 Jun 2005|
|Size||155mm x 235mm|
Section 1: Modelling Energy Markets and Pricing Derivatives
1 Selecting Stochastic Processes for Modelling Electricity Prices
Blake Johnson and Graydon Barz
2 Fundamentals of ElectricityDerivatives
Alexander Eydeland; Hélyette Geman
Morgan Stanley; University Paris IX Dauphine
3 Pricing, Modelling and Managing Physical Power Derivatives
Baylor College of Medicine
4 Valuing Power and WeatherDerivatives on a Mesh Using Finite Difference Methods
Craig Pirrong; Martin Jermakyan
Olin School of Business and Washington University; Vernadun, LLC
5 Modelling Energy Prices and Derivatives using Monte Carlo Methods
National Power plc
6 Fundamental Analysis of Power Price Modelling
MAK Energy Consultants
7 Management of Transmission in the Electricity Markets
Section 2: Modelling and Market Realities
8 The Importance of Market Structure and Incentives in Determining Energy Price Risk
Giulio Federico; Adam Whitmore
CRA International (UK) Limited; Deloitte
9 Impacts of the Weather on EnergyDemand and Supplies
Sempra Energy Trading
10 Full-Requirement Contracts
Yan Gao; Harald Ullrich; Krzysztof Wolyniec
Progress Energy; Constellation Energy Commodities Group; Sempra Commodities
11 Heat Rate Options
Boris Chibisov, Alexander Eydeland; Krzysztof Wolyniec
Morgan Stanley; Sempra Commodities
12 Credit Risk Management for the EnergyIndustry - Some Perspectives
Vincent Kaminski; Vasant Shanbhogue
Citigroup; AIG Financial Products Corp
13 Capital Adequacy for Companies Transacting in US Electric Power Markets
Laura L. Brooks
14 Generator Bid Strategies in Deregulated Markets: an Empirical Approach
Energy Security Analysis, Inc