By Ron Quaranta
Blockchain in Financial Markets and Beyond: Challenges and Applications, edited by Ron Quaranta, will teach the reader how best to utilise blockchain technology in the financial markets. Authors will examine the origin of blockchain and how it works in practice; how to get your company ready for blockchain; the different rules and regulations around blockchain as they currently stand; and a discussion of the future possibilities for blockchain.
Blockchain, the system that relies on networked computers which keep a record of all the transactions that have gone through it, has become an increasingly significant component of FinTech. Blockchain is only going to grow in importance in the way it disrupts and challenges the traditional financial services industry. Many financial institutions (FIs) are already starting to invest in this technology, with Deutsche Bank, Santander, NASDAQ and Barclays are just four examples of FIs which have been actively exploring how to utilise blockchain within their existing frameworks.
Many big banks and some governments are already implementing blockchains as distributed ledgers to revolutionize the way information is stored and transactions occur. Banks are eager to stay competitive, and therefore need to further explore their options with regard to how they can make the most of this technology and where the business value might lie. Readers will learn: what blockchain is, where it came from and where it is likely to go; how it can be incorporated into a financial organisation using case studies; what are the challenges regarding regulation and oversight in addition to issues of privacy; what solutions to current problems does blockchain offer and how it can be utilised to ensure banks do not get left behind or rendered redundant by the increasingly significant technology.
Cryptocurrencies and Digital Assets
Supply Chain Opportunities
The Promises and Limitations of Blockchain
|30 Nov 2017
|155mm x 235mm
1. Introduction: Ron Quaranta (Wall Street Blockchain Alliance)
2. What is blockchain? Alpesh Doshi (Redcliffe Capital)
3. Public vs Private Blockchains: Differences and Benefits: Iliana Oris Valiente
4. Cryptocurrencies and Digital Assets: Definition, Valuation and Investment Opportunities: Iliana Oris Valiente, Galen Moore (Token Report) and Ron Quaranta
5. Smart Contracts, Definition and Uses: Caitlin Long (Symbiont)
6. Code is Not Law: Legal Technology and the Age of Machine Law: Richard Levin, Peter F. Waltz and Robert W. Wenner (Polsinelli),
7. Risk Management in a Blockchain World: Emmanuel P. Aidoo (Credit Suisse)
8. Privacy, Confidentiality and Identity: Steve Erlich (Spitsberg Partners Ltd) and Rouven Heck (ConsenSys)
9. Regulation and Compliance in a Blockchain World: James Jalil (Thompson Hine) and Jonathan Edwards
10. Reference Data and Other Blockchain Uses: Will Janensch (Concur Reference Data Services)
11. The Humanitarian Space and Business Opportunity of Blockchain: Ashish Gadnis (BanQu Inc) and Vincent Molinaru (Ouisa Capital, LLC)
12. The Impact on Supply Chain Opportunities: Steve Erlich
13. Taking Stock and What We’ve Learned: Promises and Limitations of Blockchain: Joyce Shen (Emerging Technologies)
14. Blockchain Use Cases in Financial Markets and Beyond: Ron Quaranta and Michael Del Castillo (CoinDesk)