The introduction of Solvency II will drastically redesign the supervisory rules for regulatory capital for insurance companies. The insurance industry is therefore in desperate need of an up-to-date risk management book which contains a comprehensive exploration of Solvency II before implementation begins. The resilience of risk management systems in anticipation of Solvency II must be ensured.
This incredibly timely new edition of Risk Management for Insurers places this regulation within the wider context of insurance risk management best practice. Industry expert René Doff presents this fully updated accessible reference for the whole insurance industry that newly includes:
- More detailed discussion of Solvency II, with its three pillars examined separately;
- The latest technical guidance from the European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority and the European Commission;
- The impact of risk governance and risk culture;
- An up-to-date overview of Basel III; and
- The significance of the International Financial Reporting Standards.
Risk Management for Insurers emphasises practical risk management concepts, rather than technical calculations and detailed theory. What's more, all concepts and terms are applied to clear illustrative examples and the regulation and supervision developments are simple to follow.
The book is recommended for risk managers, actuaries, controllers, accountants, auditors, corporate finance managers, underwriting and reinsurance managers, investment managers, equity analysts and financial consultants.
- Book - 9781782722229 / eBook - 9781782722465
- Publish date
- 29 Jun 2015
- 155mm x 235mm
Table of contents
2. Risk Management
3. Financial Economics of Insurance
4. Underwriting Risks: Life Risk and Non-life Risk
5. Investment Risks: Market, Credit and Liquidity Risk
6. Non-financial Risks: Operational and Business Risk
7. The Financial Crisis: Consequences for Insurers
8. Insurance Supervision: From Solvency I to Solvency II
9. Insurance Supervision Outside the EU
10. Pillar I of Solvency II
11. Pillar II of Solvency II
12. Pillar III of Solvency II
13. Accounting Regulations
14. Banking Supervision: From Basel I to III
15. Management Control
16. Organising Risk Management
17. Bringing All the Strands Together